Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's all about you, Jesus

"Heart of Worship" is a song we sing a lot at Living Water Church. Many of you know it.

The chorus starts out like this:
I'm coming back to the heart of worship

The words would indicate that while sitting in Church your heart and mind have been in other places.
It’s not ok just to check the box and warm the seat. What is the "Heart" of Worship?
Jesus of course...

I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
This sentence in the chorus always convicts me.
Why do we also try to make GOD fit into a neat little box?
We don't like this song; the music is too loud, or not loud enough!
This is how it is "supposed" to be done...

God invites us, by name, to come into HIS living room every Sunday.
We would NEVER enter into any one else's home and start trying to make it something other than it is…

Why do we do it at God's house? (Remember HE sees into your HEART).
So how do we make it better? Keep Singing...

King of endless worth
No one could express
How much You deserve
Though I'm weak and poor
All I have is Yours
Every single breath

And Then...Remember...
It's all about You, Jesus
Love to all
revdeb

No comments:

Post a Comment