Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Imprinted Words

Hey everyone! I hope your day is going great!!

I was preparing for my women’s bible study tonight and the topic is going to be on temptation – how we deal with it when we come up against it.

The two characters we’re looking at are Eve and Christ. Eve accepted the lies of the great deceiver, but Jesus used weapons to fight against those lies.

In digging a bit deeper into that same line of thinking, I want to (once again) encourage you to pick up your bible – it is called the “LIVING word” for a reason.

Jesus used scripture to combat the devil and to teach the disciples and to rebuke the Pharisees, the list could go on and on…

He used scripture because he knew it. Notice something… did he say, “In Isaiah 25:11… or In Malachi 1:7…” Did he quote the actual scripture or did he just speak the truth of its message?

Being able to deliver the message, the meaning, yield the weapon, use the TOOL is so much more important than knowing exactly where to find it.

Read your bible and keep a notepad next to you – write down those things that you think, “Hmmm.. there is a nugget of wisdom… there is a verse that answers Joe Bob’s question… there is a phrase that will give comfort to my sister in need…” Or even better yet – “There is a verse that I can use against myself to remind ME that God sees something in me that I can’t began to comprehend, so today I’ll repeat this verse and choose to believe what God sees in me, instead of what I see in myself.”

Don’t focus on memorizing the bible – focus on imprinting its truths on your heart, and then – share them.

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment